Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge ram 1500 slt
Trim Level: SLT
Color: silver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
voodoochi1d is on a distinguished road
Default Help please

I obviously screwed my Module harness up..when I was installing, I asked a friedn to help. He suggested we hack the harness up and use amp 4 channel connections to run speaker lines.
So we cut up the harness and now have front reaer left and right channels of amo connected to harness that feeds power from amp to speakers.
This worked, but sound was horrible.

I have 2009 ram with REs headunit. should be no factory amp, correct???
today i noticed that no matter what I do, i get amp protection from both sub and 4 channel amps when i get over 26 to 27 volume.i have adjusted gains all he way down, still happens.these are rockford punch p500-2 and punch p400-4
clean amps.
i start tryinbg to fix harness back to way it cqame, but its pretty F**Ked up. I think i get all ack, and now cut wires after harness to sep all door speakers from radio. now signal only goes to amp, amp only gores to speakers, no chance of amp and radio both sending music power to speakers at same time, problem is, still F**ked up.

ANY IDEAS????

Im looking at new harnesses, or other options.
Im keeping factory headunbit for now.if it comes to no other choice, i will add aftermarket, but want navigation and sirrus and also want rear entertainment possibilty and dvd player in head unit.. any suggestions here would also be apprec....
As i said, 1st choice is keep my factory radio...
what can I do to get clean power sound from my 4 channel amp to all doors and dash, and get good clean sub power to my 12"s?

when my system would work, it sounded pretty damn good, but I knew it wasnt full potential, Ive heard these amps b4 and they are louder.

Please help, any members in GA that can offer help, please dp

678+850-1283 is my cell