View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:257
HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattNRamV10 View Post
This may sound cheesy but the biggest reason I bought mine was because of the movie Twister. I was only around 3 years old when it first came out but the one thing that always stuck in my heasd watching that movie was that big red dodge ram that Bill Paxton drove around in and from the time I was 7 till now one of my dream vehicles was a dodge ram V10 and last august I finally bought it. It was honestly one of the best days of my life so far. Sadly the truck I bought wasnt red but that should change in the next year or 2. But Ive gotten all the other stuff on the truck like clearance lights on the roof, the cb radio antennas, even the same cb and scanner setup. Overall though I love the truck, and will keep it till the day I die. Its either Mopar or No car.
I found out something years back about the truck in that movie. For the parts where portions of the truck get crushed or damaged they actually had to cut into it because it was built too well. It wouldn't crush or damage easy.

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition (Mods list in profile)
2006 Charger R/T
Sarcasm - it beats killing people