Old 06-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Spud67 is on a distinguished road

Just talked with Chrysler Canada again. There is no resolution to this navigation routing problem and they are not willing to replace this media center system with a Garmin based navigation system. I have also asked the dealership to replace the system with a Navigation system but they will not do it either.
I would have to pay for the replacement radio, parts and labor but I am not paying anyone anymore money after spending this much on a brand new truck.
It makes no sense to me for Chrysler to change from a Garmin system that worked very well to a MyGig system that does things a navigation system was only able to do 15 years ago. Nothing like taking a really big step backwards.
Come on Chrysler, step up and re-design the software in this system and have it make use of all the map data from Navteq instead of only using the verified data.
I am ready to get rid of the Dodge and go buy a Ford or GM just because of this piece of crap navigation system.

MYGIG NAVIGATION SYSTEMS IN CHRYSLER VEHICLES SUCK.

Here we are as the general public, buying the vehicles we want, just bend over and take it up the tail pipe.

From one very pissed off and frustrated Doage Ram 1500 Longhorn owner.