Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 09 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
13MWZ is on a distinguished road
Default I need A/C help

What ever doomaflachy Dodge rigged behind the dash that redirects the air to different vents broke and is stuck in the floor possition on my truck. Everytime I start the truck (even with the A/C turned off) there is a sound that sounds like plastic gears trying to catch coming from behind the cup holders (or so it sounds). This goes off and on for the first 5 mins or so every time I start my truck. It's extremely annoying and with temps in the 90's floor vents alone isnt enough to cool my truck down. I need to get this fixed asap.

I'm hoping somebody has some experiance with the A/C system on these trucks. I'd like to know if the possition selector is electronic or vaccume actuated, where exactly this part is located and how difficult it is to get to and replace.

I just moved and my tools are still in storage 2 hrs away so I'm not able to dig too far behind the dash and honestly, what I have been able to see, I dont have any idea what all it is.

The A/C still blows strong, still blows cold, I just cant change it from the floor vents to any others. I appreciate any help.
Sponsored links