View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikelrg View Post
Yea so I went to go and monitor the tach like u said ramvan and it's doing something different now now it's shifting late through all gears just CRUSING and when I get on it it passes the red line and hits the rev limiter at 5500 RPMS I have to let off the gas for it to shift and it bangs on the rev limiter 3-5 times if u let it is that the oil pres solenoid and is it possible to do a 50/50 race/daily driver internals with my trany and if so can I have par numbers I know ur notorious for trannys but if it's not possible can I have part numbers for trany rebuild parts to make it as much like a race tranny as possible but still b able to run as daily driver? Thanks ramvan!
Oh yes of course, I will give you the parts and there part numbers for a daily driver rebuild that allows you to do light street racing, you won't be able to throw 400HP behind it without snapping a shaft or hub but you can stomp down on that pedal over and over and over and over and not have to worry about a thing.

I will begin making a list tomorrow morning and probably have it up tomorrow night, it's a relatively short list. I do have a couple of questions just so I give you the correct parts, What year is the truck and what model transmission do you have, I think you once told me it's a 46RE???
I need to know year and model because different models and years used a different number and thickness of friction discs and friction plates.

What is the predicted HP you are putting into it? Do you plan on doing many many burn outs? Do you expect to tow often or moderately? Are you going to be doing high speed racing?

I have to get a tach, I have my heart set on a autometer 5" with a shift light and built in memory. But thats almost 200 bucks! Ouch...