View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Nicolas, I'm not sure if you're aware but the 4.7L uses different plugs top and bottom. Bottom are iridiums and tops are nickel yttrium. I believe they are both bosch.

Here are the part numbers and prices(just got a quote from mopar parts).

SPARKPLUG [Part# SPFR8TE2AA]
List Price:$5.10
Your Price:$3.51 x8

SPARKPLUG [Part# SPFR8TI332]
List Price:$8.95
Your Price:$6.15 x8

Prices are each plus shipping of approx 13.xx within continental US

I'm also looking for a colder plug top and bottom, if you find them let me know, as I came up empty handed. I've been wondering if there would be any benefit(or if it'd hurt) by switching the top plug to iridium.

The coils are batch fire(fire both plugs at the same time). Some claim that the difference in plug material causes a delayed spark to one of the plugs, so the spark occurs at different times, and this is for performance. I don't know if that's true or not so not sure if changing the top plug to the same material as the bottom would have a good or bad effect, or no effect.

Manual says to replace uppers at ~50,000 miles and lowers at ~100,000 miles.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.