View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Magnum SLT
Color: Blue
Rep:10
beltline is on a distinguished road
Default 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Magnum Leaf Springs and Coils question

I just bought a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Magnum Laramie SLT 2WD. The person who previously owned it cut the coils on front to lower it and removed what I believe to be the Plus 1 on the leaf spring (I believe it was 3+1?), so there is only the 3 leafs now. I don't know a lot about trucks so I'm sorry if I ask a dumb question. I would like to put the truck back to where it is normally supposed to be. What I would like to know is what year Dodge Rams and types could I pull the leaf spring from that would work on my 2001? Also the same on the coils if possible. However the coil spring are only $160 or so on JC Whitney for the pair so I could just buy that. If there are other options please let me know. For example I saw you could buy leafs for around $80, but not sure that would work since it's the +1 I'm missing. Plus I don't want to jimmy rig and make things worst. Thanks for any advice. Also my neighbor across the street will be doing the work. He works on trucks a lot but said I needed to find the parts.
Sponsored links