Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Hemi SLT 4x4
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Stone White
Rep:132
Upstater will become famous soon enoughUpstater will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by starquestbd22 View Post
Upstater, that looks great. I don't really know why but I like the war paint stripes on the fourth gens a lot better than on the third gens....maybe it's the slightly more angled look of the fourth gens that blends with the stripes.

Talk about fast shipping.... I ordered the spears Saturday night and they are being delivered today! I'm excited!! Couple of questions...I just, like last week, waxed the hood. What should I use to make sure I cut all the wax off? Will washing in dish detergent and then wiping the area down with rubbing alcohol be sufficient?

Also, anyone had any problems with washing or waxing vinyl? I handwash, of course, so that shouldn't be too rough on them. Would it be safe to wax over them or should I avoid the spears altogether? Thanks!
When I put mine on that's all I did (wash then wipe with alcohol). They've been on for over a year now with no problems.

As far as waxing, IMO the reality is that like trying to avoid black trim, you never get it 100% correct... something always ends up getting on the trim. For this reason I experimented and found that Griot's premium carnauba wax stick on an orbital polisher works great, and doesn't discolor any vinyl, rubber, etc.