Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: GoMango
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:12
Daytona1445 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBlueDude View Post
I was told today by my local muffler mechanic that true duel exhaust isn't good for a HEMI motor. Is that true? I wanted to get true duels all the way but after he said that I decided on si/do package that I am having installed this Thursday 6/21/12. I will be making a video of the entire thing and the sound when it is done. The muffler guy said that he has some kind of special muffler that muffler shops can get that are like knock off flowmasters or magnaflow, etc. for roughly $350 includes parts/labor/installation. I get the funny feeling I am not getting the right kind of deal here but I got nothing to base that on. Any ideas from anyone here would be nice. See my video I did at and after the muffler shop visit:

youtu.be/25DC2GallJw
depending on how it is set up you could lose a little low end with true duals. If it is done right and you have supporting mods you shouldn't lose anything.
The knock off is probably a Flo Pro. They make copies of both Flowmasters and Magnaflows. Personally I would rather have the real thing than a copy.