View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 02:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
A magnaflow(or any other straight throw muffler) would definitely be a power increase over a flowmaster, even if you went with a 30" magnaflow...
See I like the start up tone of the flow, it's nice and deep but it seems to get weaker when your in the higher Rpm range but I think I'll be switching to the 14" Maggie. My 4.7 3rd gen was a beast in that department and I miss it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeAEKDB View Post
The only reason I went with the magnaflow was because everyone up here runs flowmasters. I just wanted something different, then again I did get a Mango Ram...
Not trying to be a dick, but it seems to be a southern thing lol I like having a loud truck but the the tone just isn't right to me at the top of the range
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbrains230 View Post
So is it the smaller the muffler, the louder the tone????
Yes sir, which is why stock I find them to be insanely quiet.
FastnUgly has the 22" Maggie but that's just to quiet for me lol I believe a V8 is something to be heard by all Prius hating people It's all personal choice though, I'm not bashing him for having a quieter truck by any means, it's all personal choice