Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:59
Mate2011RT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by starquestbd22 View Post
Okay.....I'll give it a shot then. I was just apprehensive about spraying anything moist on the adhesive, especially with alcohol in it. I could definitely see how being able to move it a little would help get them both positioned exactly. I just didn't want to risk weakening the adhesive. My schedule just changed so it's definitely going to be Wednesday. I'll be sure to post a photo and results. Thanks for the info!
I've never added alcohol to the mix - just clean water and soap (I filter the water and use color/scent free soap). You will be amazed at how easy and actually fun it turns out to be, especially if you are freaking out at first - it really will be easier than you expect.

Two quick things, if I might:
- if you are doing it in the driveway, I'd suggest putting up a tarp or some cover to keep the sun off while working; hot spots can be a pain to keep things evenly wet, and the glare can cause you to make mistakes.
- Second is when you are using your squeegie, make sure the blade is very clean and very smooth so you do not mar the surface, and do NOT press too hard. If you go at the decals in super OCD mode, you can stretch parts of it. You need to be hard enough to run the solution out, not hard enough to meld it into your clearcoat!

Once they set up and dry, then let it bake in the sun. If there are some bubbles, leave them alone for a day, and let the sun bake them out. If they are still there a day later, use a pin to poke a hole in the bubble, and gently squeegie it flat. Again, the sun should do the rest.

Hope it helps, have fun, and give us some pics when done!