Old 06-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Regular Cab
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mopar09 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500, that is Brilliant Black in color, and I have had problems with the paint as well. It is mainly on the hood area of the truck on the left side of the hood if you are facing the truck from the front. I noticed it after I had my truck for probably, say a year, give or take. I have to agree with you 100%. It looks as if its from a lack of clearcoat. There is only spot and it is a good size spot. It looks like that rainbow color of oil on the road. An this makes me mad considering it is a black truck. Everyone knows that the color black on a vehicle shows everything and I mean everything. I don't know what to do. I detail my vehicle nearly every weekend when I am off from work and I have tried buffing it out. I use Meguiars cleaning products mainly and some Turtle Wax ICE products as well. I am not going to be a happy person if I have to have my entire truck repainted due to the fact of the manufacturer was trying to be cheap and save on the cost. Hope you and I can figure out a resolution with our trucks and the paint on them. If anyone has any more info on this problem please let me know, I will keep an eye on this post, and may I say great post "ramsportcc57".