Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
AK Ram is on a distinguished road
Default Engine stall

My truck keeps dying. It is a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.2l Magnum gas engine with 140,000 miles on it. When I first bought it, it started and ran just fine for the first three or four days. I was away for a couple of weeks, came back, and the battery was dead. I jumped it, it started right up, the idle went right down and it died. I had the battery tested; it had a bad cell. It was a fairly new battery (approximately six months old). I put a new battery in it and it ran fine for about a month. During this time I noticed that when I started the truck the battery gauge would slowly creep up the about 14 amps as opposed to instantly going there as soon as I turned the key. I went away for a couple of weeks, came back, the battery was dead. I checked to see if anything had been left on. The only thing that had been left on was the wipers; I really donít think that would do anything. I jumped it; it started right up. I let it run for about 20 minutes, shut it off, then when I went to restart it, it started right up then immediately died as soon as I let off the gas. When the truck is running it runs smooth. I have no idea what is going on.
Sponsored links