Old 06-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:49
EXPRESSIVE is on a distinguished road
Default Don't Let The Door Hit You In The A...

Im sure you've all heard the saying, "don't let the door hit you in the a$$"! Well, it hit me hard in the back right pocket today when I went to the DMV to pick up my tag and title. I bought my truck in Florida while at my girlfriends house for the week, Im from Louisiana. I did an online search and even called the only local Dodge dealer at home but no one could come close to the Florida dealers price (they were nearly $1300 cheaper). MSRP on my 2012 Express was $26,745, I was told $20,335 "out the door" tax, title, license and all rebates plus a $2500 trade in.
Here is the hit, they didn't take parish (La has parishes not county) taxes out! My trip to "pick up my plate" turned out costing me $816!! SOB! I paid cash for my truck and I thought that was it, sure didn't plan to shell out another near grand more. I called the dealer and was told that they can take state taxes out and send to La. but not parish taxes as they vary by parish and wards. Sure enough I checked my paperwork and on the county tax line it said N/A! I still got a better deal and I travel to Florida every other week so service isn't an issue. Just proves to really read the fine print real good, not just the bottom line!
Currently assuming the bent over position awaiting forum members kick in the butt!
Sponsored links