View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 04:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Yeah, the blocks are for the leafspring rear ends, as is the axle swap; just used to talking about the 3rd gens when it comes to drops. Getting the rear on the 4th gen is a HELL of a lot easier than on the 3rd gens, so you're lucky in that respect.

If I pay for the beer and pizza think your friend could make 2 sets? I'm pretty sure the 3rd and 4th gens have similar half-shafts, but I'd like to know for sure. I wonder how different the spindles are between the 3rd and 4th gens, because i know a guy or two that are really good fabricators...
When the time comes and he makes me a set Ill talk to him about making another set. He can use my dads truck for mock up as well.

Im gonna start shopping around for a place to 4link/bag the rear. Maybe even have the rear end narrowed and run some stupid lip in the rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett15 View Post
I also have a 2/4 drop on my 4wd and im running 26s id love to do a 4/6 but as Kurtis already stated front drive shafts is whats stopping me if i keep the truck i might pull front drives shafts out and say F**K 4wd and slam the thing lol
I wanted to run 26s for the longest time, but I think Ive decided to run 24s just because of the price difference for tires lol

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING