View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 12:09 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESSIVE View Post
Im sure you've all heard the saying, "don't let the door hit you in the a$$"! Well, it hit me hard in the back right pocket today when I went to the DMV to pick up my tag and title. I bought my truck in Florida while at my girlfriends house for the week, Im from Louisiana. I did an online search and even called the only local Dodge dealer at home but no one could come close to the Florida dealers price (they were nearly $1300 cheaper). MSRP on my 2012 Express was $26,745, I was told $20,335 "out the door" tax, title, license and all rebates plus a $2500 trade in.
Here is the hit, they didn't take parish (La has parishes not county) taxes out! My trip to "pick up my plate" turned out costing me $816!! SOB! I paid cash for my truck and I thought that was it, sure didn't plan to shell out another near grand more. I called the dealer and was told that they can take state taxes out and send to La. but not parish taxes as they vary by parish and wards. Sure enough I checked my paperwork and on the county tax line it said N/A! I still got a better deal and I travel to Florida every other week so service isn't an issue. Just proves to really read the fine print real good, not just the bottom line!
Currently assuming the bent over position awaiting forum members kick in the butt!

Think about how I feel. in Washington State, it would cost me 10.5% of the RETAIL value of my truck. When I moved here, to put WA plates on it would have been nearly $3,200. Now its more like $2,600. F-That. I will put TX plates on when I go back to TX and sport those for $150 initially and then $54 a year.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...