Old 06-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Regular Cab
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mopar09 is on a distinguished road

I use the automatic car wash method. I run it through. Drive it about 5 minutes, back to my house that is, and finish the cleaning there. When I get it home it does have some water spots on it due to running it through the automatic wash. I dry it off with a microfiber shammy. After this I get a clean microfiber cloth and go over it with Meguiars Quick Detail Spray. This takes away all the water spots and leaves a high gloss shine. For the interior I vacuum the truck out completely. Once that is done I use Turtle Wax Ice Interior Care in the spray bottle. This leaves a great shine and has a very clean smell to it. As far as wheel and tire cleaning products I use once again, Meguiars. The Hot Shine Tire Spray in the aerosol can. I have noticed that if you use this product that is offered in the spray bottle it will run and if you drive your truck right after you finish your detail job, that the tire shine will sling right off the tires and all down the side of your truck. Not fun! As far as actual Wax goes. I only use Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish. It is a wax but it is a clear wax and leaves a very good looking high gloss shine. It looks like your looking into a mirror when you are done wiping it off. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get very light scratches out? The scratches are so light they look like someone has took a very low grit sandpaper and just wiped the side of my truck. Any info or tips would be much appreciated! Thanks!

-Justin(mopar09)