Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1989 Dodge D150
Color: Red/White
Engine: 1988-1991 318ci (5.2L) LA V8 140hp
Rep:10
footbal9584 is on a distinguished road
Default 1989 D150 restore thread

A little history...

This was my grandpa's truck he bought brand new back in 1989. He had it as a farm truck for 12 years when he gave it to my dad in 2001. I was 13 at the time and got to drive it a little bit here and there (offroad of course). When I turned 16 he let me drive this as my first vehicle for a few months until I could get my own car. When I turned 19 he gave it to me because he needed a more reliable truck for work and he got a company truck (Ford ugh). So I have driven it occasionally and used it for hauling everything from trees to sand to gravel and anything else you can imagine. It has performed awesome. After much thought I have decided that I want to restore the truck to keep it as long as possible so that I may be able to give it to my kids one day. Money and time are tight so it is going to be a very slow process, but I'll continue to keep you guys updated with any progress I may make.

Alright guys here is what I have to start with. I am currently working on fixing the fuel pump and replacing the brake/fuel lines. Also shortly after I get the fuel pump fixed I will be taking it to get the frame sand blasted and replacing the rear leaf spring hangers. Then I will be putting an underbody coating on the frame and should be all finished with the back aside from the bed (which is another story).

Here are the pics of the beginning...

As you can see my hangers are pretty rusted out, so I am going to replace them while I have everything apart.

I need to replace a broken nipple on my fuel pump assembly, which i am going to use the brass nipple idea from this site.Thanks.

A question I have is what is that white thing it has a ball in a cage on the inside so I am guessing it is some sort of rollover/pressure relief valve, but there weren't any hoses going to it and a nipple on there is broken as well. So where do the hoses come from/go? And what is this part called? Thanks

Also the drain hose had a broken rusted line in it does that one just hang down to the ground or does it go somewhere specific?

Next is this thing it looks like a plug for a computer monitor and goes into the differential. What is it called?

Here is the other end of that differential plug it was cracked and the connectors inside corroded and it broke all the way. So i need to replace this as well.

And finally someone took it upon themselves to just splice all the tail light wires together and remove the connectors. Does anyone know where I can get new ones besides a junk yard?
Sponsored links