Vehicle: 09 GC
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Tpabayflyer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintertech View Post
wow so no ones heard of anyone whos attempted this....interesting!

really wish some else could be the pioneer here....lol

Well, I have the 6.4 cam and going to get the comp cams phaser and a set of 6.1 springs as well. Springs are good for .580 lift. The 6.4 apache heads may have longer valves and use different springs so the 6.1 springs should be the ones to use on the eagle heads as this has been proven to work just fine.
I already have a predator tuner so I will have to research getting a tune. Lifters,pushrods, should be all compatible. My 09 Grand Cherokee has most of the normal bolt on mods and I do have the srt8 headers and complete exhaust as well. The stock cam is very mild and really works well for an all around engine that can be used for towing. I bet this 6.4 cam will really wake this engine up big time and allow those big intake ports to do the job they were designed to do! I don't have any dyno numbers but I have run a 14.18 a 98mph in the 1/4 so that is my baseline..............

I plan on doing this cam swap in a couple weeks leaving the heads on. I need to fab up or get a on the head valve spring compressor to change the springs using compressed air. I will check back when I get this project going...... TBF