View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a dash pad over 2 years ago, through Dodge

It fits everything on the drivers side & over to the edge of the glove compartments very nicely
Then it has this stupid flap that hangs way down over the upper glove compartment, in this flap is an air bag flap, so a flap within a flap
It looked like crap, so i cut off the extended flap covering the glove compartment door.
now it looks like crap with a poorly done job of chopping the flap off, but at least i can use the glove compartment without having to lift the flap out of the way

If i were to get a replacement, i would take it to a place where they have a industrial sewing machine & show them where i want the cover trimmed & a new edge sewn on

Possibly that huge flap is suppose to cover the Rams without a top glove compartment door
My Ram has both doors on the glove compartments
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle