Old 06-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 outdoorsman
Trim Level: outdoorsman
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
itsreese is on a distinguished road

I ordered a set of 4 from THmotorsports about a week and a half ago... kind of lame, becuase the shocks were hard to find, one shipped from KY, one shipped from PA and both struts shipped from CA. So I got one shock friday, one saturday, and UPS slates delivery of my struts ond of day today. The plan is to get them in before the 4th.

The 2 reasons i went with the 5100s are the fact they are a true "upgrade" not simply a spacer. they increase ride performance, and are used in mopar 2" lift kits as well as OEM performance GM, TOYOTA and other catalogs.

the other reason (and this is preference and opinion) but on a 2011 i want something the dealer will stand by. i was considering the 2" spacers but those stayed in the mopar catalog about as long as it took to clear a fart in the wind. if the dealership wont offer it, i dont want to put it on my warrantied truck.

as far as warranties go, ive read a few things and per the MOPAR CATALOG, they are aperformace upgrade and arent under warranty, so if you blow a bilstien strut off roading, its your dime to repair/replace. but since its a mopar listed part it wont void other parts of the warranty, and if installed properly any damages it causes (under normal road conditions of course) will be warrantied. i have read on here that some dealerships will warranity the full kit-n-kaboodle but that seems to be an dealer independent gig, and id get it in writing.

STARQUEST, what issues have you heard of when shops installing them? i am debating between doing it myself or having a shop do it. they quoted me $125 to put them in and when i told them they were the adjustable 5100s they said 125, 150 if they had to re-adjust them to get the leveling right. my ram is a 2011 with under 6K miles on it and i have heard with under 10K everything should come out pretty easy, and i was going to rent a spring compressor, or see if the shop i plan to get it alligned at would for $20-$40 swap the spring to a new strut if i brought the 4 struts in off the ram..