Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Brillant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:168
scmedic09 has a spectacular aura aboutscmedic09 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond 04 View Post
Hey guys little update. I had posted in this thread March 9th at 34K and had no problems. Well it happened to me. On vacation with the family 250mi away from home in the White Mtns of New Hampshire. Wensday June 20th all day I heard a humming when coasting not under load. Chalked it up to havin the A/C on. Then it happened boom!!! Pulled over D/S on the ground diff fluid all over the place. 39,2000 MILES ON THE CLOCK.
Pinnion nut backed off pushed the pinnion inside the carrier and locked the rear.
Called Chrysler roadside assisantce got it towed to the nearest dealer. 200 miles away from home. Dealer called yesterday needs a new D/S and everything inside the diff. Locked up solid, ripped all the teeth off the ring and pinnion crushed the spider gears too.
Dealer said all parts are on back order with no eta of arrival. Could be without my truck for 2-4 weeks. Are you ****ing kidding me??
Had to pay 117- for a cab back to the condo then 60 for a cab to the rental co. and 135 for the rental.
Called my local dlr where I bought it they couldnt gimme a rental cause there not working on my truck. He told me to call corprate and open a claim. You can bet your ass they are gonna pay for all my outta pocket expenses or I'LL SUE THE EVER LIVIN SHIT OUTTA THEM.

man hope you have better luck, i filed complaints with chrysler canada, tried everything, but because i didnt have extended warrant/care package, what ever its called, they wont cover a rental etc. sucks a$$. mine was replaced last august, and last week went back in, bearings were screwed up due to bad dealer install. I am waiting for new gears again, because mine have wore, they said it will be about a month due to world wide shortage/back order. at least mine is still drivable. Hope you have good luck man, keep us posted