Vehicle: 1990 Ram LE
Trim Level: ?
Color: Black/Gray
Engine: 1988-1991 318ci (5.2L) LA V8 140hp
Rep:10
OklahomaHoss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
It's a simple button mechanism. My '90 Ramcharger started to do it on the driver's side. It only seemed to do it just after I jumped from a bedroom window, ran out of a bank, a liquor store, or had my hands full of used car stereos.

The lever on the inside was sticking as if I was holding the button in from the outside and someone was trying to unlock it from the inside...doesn't work. I had to pull the door panel and spray if real good with penetrating oil. Once I got it working smoothly I coated it with white lithium.

I figured out that if I turn the key and bang below the lock a couple times the button (lever behind it) would return and then I could open it with the key.

Out of curiosity (cause if it works, I'll try anything), were you gently caressing any part of the truck or yourself, while whispering your undying love to said truck while...ahem...banging below the lock? Also, I've taken note of the liberal usage of "penetrating" oil. Now if I just knew where to get my hands o...oh wait..