View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

itsreese.....The only problem I recall reading about involves a washer that goes on the top part of the front strut. It's been a while but to the best of my memory it goes on the bottom side of the strut mount but a few people have mistakenly installed it on the top of the mount directly under the nut. Just make sure whomever installs them follows the directions to the letter instead of installing them how they think it should go.

Also, not trying to discourage doing it yourself but if you do, make sure you have access to a heavy-duty, preferrably wall-mounted spring compressor. I have read about a few people breaking the cheap parts store rent-a-tool compressors. Also, the 4x4 shop that put mine on my 2006 said that the springs were some of the stiffest ones he had ever compressed...and that was with 70K miles, lol.

I paid $40 total to have the rears put on and $150 to a different shop to have the fronts installed. I had to wait on the fronts because I couldn't find the key to my locking lugs. Anyway, knowing what I know now I would definitely install the rears myself. Paying to have the fronts installed is a personal preference decision but I do think you were quoted a good price. As for the shop having to adjust the setting after install...they do realize that they have to come completely back off to adjust them, right? Kinda weird if they would do a job once for $125 but do it twice for $150. I would do some research and look at some pics and know what setting you want before install. Hope this helps.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.