View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:309
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertrunner View Post
Get a spindle lift and you'll have that stance.
4x4 here, and all the new knuckles Ive seen dont push the front end out really. I enjoy the look of trucks that have mid/long travel arms w/ coilovers, like I plan on doing.

And if i remember right, the RamRunner kit comes with arms that do it the RIGHT way and stick the tires out farther via control arms not spindles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertrunner View Post
Sure, but it is going to cost a lot. There is no aftermarket for Dodge trucks. And I'm not talking about "lift kits" and universal bolt on junk. For arms, fabricated spindles, brakes, basic coilovers, hydraulic bump stops and materials you are looking at around $5000 plus labor. Installed it would be probably closer to $9000. That's just the front end. You would need at least deavers in the rear with all required accessories. Engine cage/cab cage/bedcage.

To build a weekend racer it costs about $30,000 on average. To build a trophy truck, its more like $800,000 - $1,000,000.
Find me Deavers for a 4th gen...

You can build a very capable on and offroad truck that 99% of people can use to THEIR fullest abilities without anywhere near maxing out the truck without coilovers and cages and pneumatic bump stops and all that shit. Id bet 9/10 people on this forum couldnt drive the RamRunner to its fullest abilities offroad anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantman View Post
Wow, man thanks for the wake up call for some of us brokenutz. Hahaha! I guess I'll keep saving for it then. Appreciate ya speakin info bud. By the way what d'ya think of this upper control arm by Michigan Metal Works for $499? They are produced from HD .750 plate flat steel, and fully TIG welded. The arms feature a 1" Spherical bearing as well as new poly bushings and bolt sleeves. Each pair of arms come with everything needed to install them on our Ram trucks, and solve the stock control arm problem with contacting the coilover spring pocket. They come with a lifetime guarantee and they say are made to take a beating!!!! Your professional opinion man?
The MichiganMetal Works arms are awesome. Ive seen a few sets in person and installed one of their old F150 arm kits on a customers vehicle at the lats shop I work at. I plan on running them on my truck once my coilovers come in.

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING

Last edited by SS4Luck; 06-27-2012 at 05:17 PM.