Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
10ramisport will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterdriver View Post
I might have OCD, obviously Dodge isn't going to have a fix anytime soon for the pinion nut scenario, my original idea was to apply an epoxy of some sort to the threads outside of the pinion nut so as not to disturb where it was tightened to. Please share your opinions for this idea, tomorrow my truck is going for an alignment and new rear tires, at the same time they are going to expose the pinion nut, I figured if there were enough threads showing, put a second nut on with lock-tite and snug it to the existing pinion nut, I would think this would stop any movement with the existing nut. Temporary I suppose, but piece of mind. I am hauling our TT on a 5 day camping trip and I could only imagine dropping a driveshaft and the rear-end locking up on the highway.
Otterdriver,
I thought about the same idea as well by using a second nut. Have you done this yet? Any pics? Next year I'll be moving to the lower 48 from Alaska and wouldn't want this to happen. I want some piece of mind before hand. Once I get a free weekend I might try this.