Old 06-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
Vehicle: 1990 D 150 2WD
Trim Level: SL
Color: Two tone blue
Engine: 1988-1991 318ci (5.2L) LA V8 140hp
cas390 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by louiscon View Post
I am totally baffled by this problem. When going at high speeds, the cab is extremely loud. It sounds like the window is down even when both are up. Nobody seems to be able to find where the wind/noise is coming from. Its a 1990 single cab.

I had a body shop guy drive with me, sadly it died on the highway (pickup coil busted), so we didn't get to do a full test but he thought it might rotted gaskets... or that the doors needed to be taken in. I don't know what he was talking about, but any Ideas?

It seems to be coming from between the doors and the dashboard (or that general area on both sides) but its really hard to tell.
I had same problem with my truck (1990 single cab) I think I narrowed it down to the vents on the leading and back end off door. they have a black louver cover on them. I put tape over them and it seemed to quiet down the noise. but I had a hard time losing the doors without slamming them cause the air in the cab was locked in the truck and I had to crack the window to close the door easily.

i guess i just learned to live with the noise now.