Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: WS
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:103
panhead will become famous soon enoughpanhead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmachinegun View Post
bump. I know this thread is kinda old, but I'm now having the same problem in my 01 5.9. I've been deployed for the past 6 months and my (now ex) girlfriend drove my truck and took care of it while I've been gone. Before I left, I had the idling/low RPM overheating problem. Along with that it would leak water from what looked like the water pump or right there above it. So when I first saw the problem, I replaced the water pump hoping it would fix it and to no avail it of course didnt fix. As I've been deployed, my truck has been off my mind for a while and now I'm going back home, I'm looking to get it fixed since its my only means to drive to my house. I've been thinking its been a problem somewhere between the thermostat and the water pump bypass hose but in another post, I read that people have replaced corroded and blown out heater cores and it fixed the problem. Kinda wondering what I should be getting prepared to replace. Thanks.

Its kinda hard to see in the front of the motor, where there's a leak. Cause of all the accesoriess up front. Corrosion can build up on that by pass hose (water pump to intake). However, the accessory bracket is in the way. You have to pull the it out. Keep us updated, i'll be glad to help you pin point it.

I am completely disgusted every time I think about having to take a distributor cap off of one of these trucks -Screamintrashcan