Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 98 ram v10 4x4
Trim Level: laramie slt 4x4
Color: silver and black
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:10
robert malek is on a distinguished road
Default jet stage 2 module for 98 v10

Interested in feedback on this. seriously considering buying jet stage 2. there is no controller for the 98 v10. no diablo or sct. called them and every other company. called summit. I read here about guys that have controllers but maybe they no longer make them. henceforth, anyone have experience with the jet stage 2 ? its all i can find.
for gas mileage, I would like to recommend to all, electric fans. made an improvement whereas gibson headers and hooker max flo muffler made zero improvement in regards to anything. now i know its a package that makes the diff, but to change the muffler and put on headers i don't expect absolutely nothing.
jet module increases timing and fuel. such a change should help keep at least the overdrive engaged and or torque converter lockup from unlocking on hills. i got terrible 3.25 mpg going up the 8-9 % las vegas hill for 12 miles. i have a 98 v10 4x4 with 3.54 gears, 285-75-16 tires, quad cab long bed, thousand pound camper 15 inches above cab, 50 degree wind fairing on top of cab roof to help with the wind resistance, 450 pounds on board not including me which adds another 500 - just kidding. what really destroyed the gas mileage was the overdrive coming off and torque converter unlocking. the extra 1000 rpms sucked fuel like crazy. the truck handled the hill without a sweat, barely pressing on the pedal but boy was it terrribly hungry ! It was also 100 degrees and I had a minor vac leak. not enough to take the vehicle out of spec on vac but enough not to be optimum. I am going to be setting up cold air ram air that I am fabricating myself in addition to all i have done. in regards to gibson headers, they never provided me dyno testing sheets like I asked em, when I went there I saw no testing going on, no welding or manufacturing, I have pics of the horrible headers I received. I even had to re do my brake lines for the headers to fit since they were touching them. in addition, couldn't even put in all the bolts since the holes werent made right on the flanges.
Sponsored links