Old 07-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 1500/1982 D150
Trim Level: Base
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:21
ramfam is on a distinguished road

The best thing to do if possable is try to equil out weight in trailer so that its evenly distributed over the bridge of the truck. In this case it would be the space between axl of truck and axl of trailer. If you can load trailer so both units are as level as possable to each other more of the weight is even over all axls. This will improve control and aid in stopping. Remember unless you have electric brakes on trailer all of your stopping power is up to front brakes. If there's to mutch at front of trailer you take weight off front causeing front end to loose brake power to ground and cause steering float. And to far back you unlaod rear axl so when you hit bumps or un even pavement trailer will start to bounce and truck will loose contatct with road causeing sway. Hope link uploads and it helps. http://www.etrailer.com/faq-trailertowtips.aspx

Last edited by ramfam; 07-06-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: add link