View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormracer View Post
First off, it took just little over a hour.
The claybar removes containments in your paint. Makes your finish smooth as glass. You would think on a new truck that it would be, but as I had been washing and drying it I noticed that the water would not sheen off with my leaf blower too well. So I ran my hand across the paint and it was rough. Just dirt from being transported, sitting on lots etc. The truck only has 3k miles on it. But did the claybar and now she is smooth and the water just blows right off.
Thanks for the time marker, I've had a clay bar sitting in my garage for a while now but haven't gotten around to using it yet Florida has some really harsh water full of minerals and what not that sit on your paint even after you wash it. And if you get hit by a sprinkler, your screwed lol Most of that is "reclaimed" water which comes from man made lakes and other run off, barely filtered and it's normal to find bits of sand and dirt sitting on the truck. I leave my truck outside all the time, but constantly wash it because I don't want that 100+ degree summer sun baking anything into the paint.