Old 07-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Regular Cab
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mopar09 is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem before with my 09 Ram. Its a problem with the tpms. They are made of plastic and any dirt or road grime such as road salt, dirt, etc... will corrode them and cause them to crack. I was an hour away from home on the interstate when this happened to me. Changing a tire on the side of the interstate is not fun especially when a state trooper pulls up behind you and ask if you need any help and then just stands there and watches you. I took mine to the dealership and they replaced it at no cost. As far as I know it is not a recall but they are well aware of this problem so if you take yours to your local dealership, don't let the hoodoo you around about it. They replaced mine at no cost and said it was covered under warranty for corrosion. They are replacing them with an all black rubber valve stem instead of the gray colored plastic ones. They are ten times better and I haven't had a problem since. Hope this is some helpful info to you and others. I will check and see what I can find as far as a recall on this for you but until then hope this helps.

Good luck and best wishes!

-Justin(mopar09)