View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:257
HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

I'm not seeing anything bad with that exchange other than the fact that you seem to have taken his comments personally. There are no guarantees, especially with an older vehicle (in most states, you truck is 3/4 of the way to collector status), every vehicle is different. There will be a big difference in knowing what will happen with a newer engine that has aftermarket support versus an older engine that was only designed to be a workhorse with little to no aftermarket. He didn't insult your truck, just stating reality as it stands. It sounds like you got mad because no one seems to care about the iron non viper v10...too bad welcome to reality. 03 owners with 5.7's like myself and others pretty much got crapped on by the factory and aftermarket. Do we sit here crying about it? No, we adapt and overcome. If you don't like the guy who can hook you up with custom tuning because you're butt hurt, then go somewhere else. I can tell from personal observation that jet chip your so hung up on will eventually be adapted to by your PCM and you will have to reset your engine adaptives constantly (think weekly) to see any consistent gain out of it. What I can tell you from personal experience is Sean knows what he is doing; he managed to figure out how to custom tune 3.7's in Rams and Jeeps that no one gave a sh!t about and it works. You might consider giving him a chance, because you probably aren't going to find much else out there. There isa good chunk of the online Dodge Ram world (with our "bogus" new hemis, you want to talk about insulting someone's truck) has been tuned by him (either Sean or Stu).

As for mileage with a V10...gotta agree. No one buys a 488 cu V10 in a 3/4 ton truck for it's ability to sip gas. You buy it for it's ability to imitate a diesel and pull ocean liners around at low tide. Any attempt to improve that is admirable, but not really a realistic goal. Hope you can find something/someone who can meet your expectations with all this.

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition (Mods list in profile)
2006 Charger R/T
Sarcasm - it beats killing people