Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cheap
Color: Multi
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:15
SyntaxNero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen1dak View Post
What I'm wondering is what will you do in a post apocalyptic scenario where yours is the only truck running? Gas will only last as long as the dead cars drained tanks. Maybe some locals get a manual pump on a gas station tank. Still, won't last long. Gonna make your own? Have you built your conversion with alcohol-tolerant parts? Are you prepared to re-jet the carb? Talk about new best friends....or enemies. Anywhere you go, you'll be mobbed by those that want a ride at least, or your truck at most. That can turn ugly fast. Can you easily disable the truck so it won't disappear when you turn your back? Not knocking being prepared, just a few other things to think about.
Q: What I'm wondering is what will you do in a post apocalyptic scenario where yours is the only truck running?

A: All parts of the truck that matter have been (or are in the process of being) lined with Kevlar and fiberglass for the protection of the engine, fuel tanks, and occupants. Other areas have hardox plates. I understand my windows and tires are the current weak areas of the truck. I have plans for a quick attached, road warrior style window and tire guards.

Q: Gas will only last as long as the dead cars drained tanks. Maybe some locals get a manual pump on a gas station tank. Still, won't last long.

A: I have plans to procure gasoline. Once at my bug out location the truck will not be my priority.

Q: Anywhere you go, you'll be mobbed by those that want a ride at least, or your truck at most. That can turn ugly fast.

A: Ever watch War of the Worlds? The part he gets mobbed for the van? That is what I expect and have a plan for. Will I disclose it? No.

Q: Can you easily disable the truck so it won't disappear when you turn your back?

A: Yes.