View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGoodyear View Post
Wow! I just bought a 2009 4x4 Laramie with 60K miles and all I have done is put a K&N drop in, after watching and reading all the posts (good and not so good), I am sold on the SB CAI...thought K&N was the shit for the longest (ran a set up on my Ford F150, and did not like the open filter design...hot air being injested did not make sense to me)...you have done such a great service to the Dodge community...Kudo's to you! Have a question though...what made you decide to use the "rechargeable" , air cleaner versus the dry? Also, what other changes could you recommend to someone like me (and others Im sure) if we wanted to make some mod to our trucks? Thanks, Kevin in Dallas
Why do you say hot air its not hot the hood seals the box and the aire is pumped up through the fender ( unless you use my set up with a scoop and tube injecting it the air) so all the cia are really the same weather its sealed or not. Because once the hood is closed its sealed but bottom line a cia is not going to give you major performance upgrade. So why spend 600 when youll get the same results for 200