View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeman022004 View Post
I did look at the RAM CCs, but it just wasn't going to workout with the carseat(s) and dog. Fortunately I picked up the RAM at a great price with all of the incentives at the time so I didn't take a huge hit when I traded it in. My wife and I talked about it and we didn't want to run into the same issue if we decide to have additional children. We decided to suck it up and get the SUV so that we have one. My thought process was that I can always tow a trailer with the SUV for hauling crap, but I cannot add much more passenger room to the truck. The cap would probably work for the dog, but I am not sure if I would be able to cool it down in the summer (was 106 yesterday in MD) for our vacations or warm it up in the Winter when we visit family in the Northeast.

I appreciate the advice though.
i will reply as others my be in the same boat, an airbladder between the cab and and the cap, "some call this a topper" and the slidding windows on kept the dogs cool. in my 04 quad cab, i could fit three car seats without issue, and then 3 booster seats when needed. now if you need to carry more than 3 children in the rear sat, a p/u truck is not the way to go.