View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1711
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Ok Try number three it is driving me nuts BC is a great place and I love it. Victoria and Vancouver are very expensive to live. Not sure what housing market is like where you are but people probably pay more for a Condo here then they do for a house back there. Here is the chart from June 2012 Housing market.

Google will become your best friend!

BC Ambulance Service From the people I know in the service they started out getting paid by the call they went to and then got on full time Hourly wage.

Fire Departments seem to have 100's-1000's of applicants for anywhere from 10-40 positions a year.
Victoria Fire Department
Saanich Fire Rescue
Nanaimo Fire Rescue
Vancouver Fire Rescue
New Westminster Fire Rescue
Surrey Fire Service
Kamloops Fire Rescue
Kelowna Fire Department

These are just some but will get you a good start for research. I would say these are the larger Departments in the Province.

The best part is you have a year to research and plan. Best of luck. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.