Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Pewter
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
WyoUltra is on a distinguished road
Default Need more power

Well here goes, this is my first post on here, I've tried searching and looking around, however I feel as if I'm still not finding the best solution... For a little back ground, I usually tow in the winter, and I tow 2-3 sleds, 2 on the trailer, one in the bed. Fully loaded I'm probably pushing at most 4-5000lbs? any how I can't seem to pull well at all in Highway speeds (65-75) It's as if the truck doesn't have any top end whatsoever. Sometimes it even struggles to keep up to speed when it's not even towing. The cruise control won't ever downshift when it should in order to keep up to speed and in order for me to do so, I have to either hit the O/D switch or press on the gas pedal (This is unloaded). The truck has a Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust (high flow cat), Spectre CAI, and E3 diamond fire plugs. I haven't ever done the plenum fix, and I don't know if it has had the fix (bought it at 98k miles 5-6 years ago and now it has almost 122k) Is it the plenum fix that will help me? Should chip this truck? True duals? Performance ECU? All I want to do is feel a little better when I'm towing, and maybe gain some mpg's (haha.....) Right now in town it get's 8-10 and maybe I'll get 15 on the interstate if I'm lucky (again unloaded).... Should I sell it and buy a 3/4 ton manual? Any input is appreciated, and I'm also a college student, so price kinda matters.. Thanks for reading.
Sponsored links