Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4X4 Crew
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:37
Bocephus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchaney579 View Post
Man, this is just me but I see a lot of people on these forums are against tires with offsets that cause them to stick out past the fender. I personally LOVE the look of no fender flares and a nice offset that causes tires to stick out, hell say .75-1"+ out. It just looks so tough to see a truck rolling up in your rear view that is wider than all holly hell. The wider foot print is just so sexy. The tucked in look just reminds me of those train rail road work trucks. You see every now and again, with the skinny tires that are tucked all the way in lolol!

On the other hand! Nice truck man! You have me on the edge with that setup! That tire combo looks so good with that lift, and at the same time it isn't a huge jump so you are not loosing power. That is my major concern at the moment... Loosing power, I can't stand slammed trucks, and I just can't bring myself to drop one, but for my 2wd street machine I might be going with a 2 inch drop spring kit to level it. If I lift it I will LIFT it. Meaning 6 inches and 35s for sure. Just do NOT want to loose power at all... It would kill me the slightest hint of throttle lag more so than there already is after I did it...

Is the ride completely different? Do you feel it float on the freeway? Handle different? Do you feel a power loss?
I hear you on the offset. I think a tire that sticks out looks good if you have a tall enough lift. IMO just a leveling kit isn't enough to stick the tires out. I've seen a couple trucks with leveling kits and tires hanging out and I think it makes it look chubby. (if that makes sense) a 6 inch or bigger looks good with the offset.
My ride hasn't changed at all and I can't tell a power loss.
I have 3.92 gears though. I'm sure this helps.