View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Trying to completely finish the Blacked out look I got in contact with Jeremy with the ************* where he supplied me with morimoto projectors so I can do my own retro fit for my oem quad headlights. I'll tell you this, cracking them open and painting them wasn't hard at all. I ran into 1 wiring issue that I resolved pretty quickly (problem with the HIDs spades connecting into the low beam connector, just to big, so I spliced them) but the biggest issue was after washing my truck I had a leak in my left headlight where condensate started to form (used buytl but must have missed a spot/didn't seal properly). I ended up drying it out and put silicone around both lens but other than those minor issues I would say the avg Joe can probably handle this task.

Baking the headlights open.....set oven at 230 and left them in there for approx 15min. The key is to keep them hot after pulling them out (I used a heat gun) and don't force them open or the lens will crack. Here are some pics of them done and installed....I used rvinyl smoke tint for the fogs until I get time to do a retro fit on them.

A couple of weeks ago I checked my Catch can and this is watch I got out of it after 2500 miles