View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Demon
Color: Mango Tango Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:520
joeAEKDB is a glorious beacon of lightjoeAEKDB is a glorious beacon of lightjoeAEKDB is a glorious beacon of lightjoeAEKDB is a glorious beacon of lightjoeAEKDB is a glorious beacon of lightjoeAEKDB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
lol thanks for the rep!

I saw someone post about the 2 bucket thing a long time ago and I was too chicken shit to admit I didn't know what it was so I googled it lol. Definitely keeps the water clean.

You use a brush on your paint, joe? Doesn't that scratch it?

I'd love to wash my truck every week or even month but I just don't have the time. Luckily with white it doesn't really look very dirty ever. I'm mainly concerned with protecting it, not how clean it looks anyway.

I haven't washed it but once this year I don't think. I went on a 2,600 mile road trip to AR and back a few weeks ago, I did wash the front end after that to get the bugs off(don't want to ruin the paint). I do a lot of stuff like that here and there to keep it protected, but only give it a full wash a couple times a year, if that.
I have never had a problem with the brush scratching the surface. I just make sure there is plenty of water and plenty of soap, ALL the time. And if I ever drop the brush face down, it gets rinsed out for a solid 10 min.