View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
For y'all that don't have a chance to clean up your trucks very often the following might be of some interest---Wax only lasts about 60-90 days before another coat needs to be applied in insure continued protection; a paint sealant last about 6 months before another coat should be applied for continued protection. There is a "new product for consumers" that you might be interested in--http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-coat.html. You have to spend some time preping the surface but I understand the results are pretty amazing. If your interested maybe Luke can give you more specific information about it. I have never tried it myself however. I'm lucky enough to have enough spare time so I wash my truck weekly and use a sealant(Wolfgang 3.0) and top it with a good wax(Collinite 845) every 3 months. I use a spray detailer everytime I wash it.
Jay
I've heard this about wax many times, that it doesn't last. I was even told the crap stuff I use only last maybe a month. What could I use once a year or at most twice a year after washing my truck to better protect it? I only wash my truck once or twice a year, so that's the only time I could apply a wax(or sealer or whatever). But if I'm doing it with crap wax anyway why not use something that will be better(same amount of labor). I just don't know what to use.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.