View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

The reach between the two NGK's you posted is actually different. Timmy's NGK plug has a reach that matches the OEM Bosch plug. The other NGK plug that you show is a different reach from OEM(not sure if this matters).

Also, they might be a suitable replacement(not really sure honestly) but they do not appear to be "yttrium enhanced". I'm not even really sure what the yttrium even does, I think it might just be for longevity and have nothing to do with performance.

I'm trying to help but honestly don't have "the answer". A plug like one of those NGK's might be a suitable replacement(not really sure), but it is NOT the same as an OEM plug that is one heat range colder. Again, I know that's not an answer, but it's all I know lol.

EDIT: Also, another difference between the OEM Bosch intake plug is that it says it has two ground electrodes and the NGK I believe does not. Again, not really sure if this makes a difference.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.