Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:34
Jchaney579 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
Instead of starting my own thread, I figured I might as well revive this one...

I have a 2011 2WD Express Hemi with factory LSD, stock gears, and a R/T sport muffler.. I'm about to install a 2/4" drop with supporting suspension upgrades and OEM 22x10 SRT wheels with 305 tires...

What's it going to take to get my truck with the 22's on into the 13's? I'm completely not interested in gutting my truck and putting 17s on it to accomplish a 1/4 time that I couldn't replicate on the street..

I'm really not sure even if a Vararam intake, dual cutouts, and gears could even get me there..

This is not my truck pictured below, but my new stance should look something like this if it helps:

Depends on the money and how far you want to go. You can make it WELL into the 13s.

Circle D is a leading maker of trq converters. Which is a HUGE problem with these rams and their trq management. The R/Ts come factory with a 2600stall. Circle D does a nice performance 2800-3000stall "Call and talk to them they are located near me in houston and they can steer you in the correct direction" The converter and install should be around a grand. I have seen after a 2800 stall instal on a regular cab express cut qm times by a bit over a half second. HUGE difference in off the line performance for sure.

From there, you can get your intake, exhaust, a nice set of shorty headers and even send an order over to Fastman who does custom TB work. He did one for me and it is a lot less restrictive than the factory. Of course send a call over to B&G to do a Custom PCM tune for you to take your rev limiter to a higher setting, give you a nice 89/93 octane tune and delete that trq management. They are CLAIMING 25-40hp increases, and it only gets better with supporting performance mods sense you can get custom tuning around them.

SHOULD NOT be over 2500 dollars in total. Depends on if you have the intake and exhaust already. And hell if you want to get the R/T factory 4.10s put in I would give my left nut that you break 12s EASY. This is what I plan on doing in my 12 CC. Half way there!