View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 09 Ram 1500 Reg Cab SB
Trim Level: SLT w/5.7 and 3.92
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:112
HoustonHemi will become famous soon enoughHoustonHemi will become famous soon enough

Pic from another thread.

See the rubber 'doughnuts' (Hump Hose) next to each other? Quite a difference in diameter from one end to the other, with the 'airbox' end (or what I assume to be the airbox end!?!?) a lot smaller,,,

Is that end the same diameter as the OEM airbox, or does the small doughnut go to the TB?

If it's smaller at the airbox and gets larger towards the TB, Why not use the same size on each end instead?

Other observations of CAI's,,,

BFI goes 'the other direction',,, Basically a big azz funnel that starts LARGE and tapers down to the TB.

Don't quote me, but I believe some CAI's (K + N? BruteForce/Mopar) have a 'constant' diameter intake tube...

Airaid has the same diameter at the airbox as the OEM tube... The Airaid tube increases in diameter by the time it gets to the TB and then gets reduced with a hump hose at the TB

Again, not saying right, not saying wrong,,, might have my wires crossed on the S + B, but I've owned the Airaid and had both the OEM and airaid intake tubes on my truck. Kinda weird to have a big azz filter then a small diameter connection at the airbox, then a tube that gets bigger and is then reduced at the TB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0700.jpg (96.6 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by HoustonHemi; 07-19-2012 at 02:30 PM.