View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:364
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

WOW----Everyone has their favorite wax just like everyone has their favorite ice cream or favorite beer and they all swear that it is the best, longest lasting, cheapest and it goes on without any work etc etc etc. And besides that I can buy it at a big box store for amost free. That said----- The wax and sealant I recommend is used by professional detailers, and it is not the cheapest in the world--but it works, it lasts, and I get compliments all the time on how good the truck looks. My choice is Wolfgang sealant 3.0, which will protect the paint for up to 6 months and then I top it with a wax, Collinite 845. The Collinite gives it a little more protection and gives it a deeper gloss. If you use a routine like this every 6 months, whatever products you decide on, your paint should be protected year round. I'll see you in Ft Worth and maybe we can talk about it some more. I'll try to remember to bring some of the wax and sealant up with me so you can take a look at it. Here is a couple web sites that will give you tons and tons of info on waxes and sealant, will compare the two and will show the results of both.
Autopia.org
Autogeek.net
Autopia is a professional detailer site
Autogeek sells professional detailer products
Jay