Old 07-24-2012, 12:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: slt sport
Color: red
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:10
sofast785 is on a distinguished road

Robert, I have a 99 v10 with auto. I have the Jet stage 2 chip installed. Honestly I can't tell any difference in performance. I also have the K&N cold air intake installed. Noticed a little better throttle response and a slight increase in fuel mileage. Now for the big whammy, the v10 trucks have a crapy stock exhaust system. You have headers already installed, and I'm guessing single exhaust. Ok, cut the exhaust after the converters and run duals all the way out. If your truck was like mine, you have duals untill the muffler. Replace the factory converters with high flo units(factory ones are crap) put on a set of performance mufflers( I used Thrush welded turbo flows). Now for the most important exhaust mod, weld in an "H" pipe before the converters not after. This will equalize the exhaust pressure and cause a more even flow. Now with all this done on my v10, I went from 7-8mpg to 10-12mpg. That is a HUGE jump in my book. That's real numbers not someone giving you a load of crap. After the exhaust mods, my v10 woke up. It has instant throttle response, sounds better, and pulls like you wouldn't believe. Hope this helps other v10 owners as well. Oh and I'm also runing 285-75-16 tires with 3.55 gearing.