Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
mjpzr2 is on a distinguished road
Default Blender doors or electrical???

I own a 2005 SLT with 5.7 Hemi. I am having issues with my blower fan. I almost always run it exclusively on the heater (floor) setting.
At first when it would quit running, I could jiggle the keys and the fan would turn back on. After a while, it started to blow half on the floor and half out the defroster vents when I had it on the floor setting. Eventually, I would have to try and turn the ignition key back a little to get the fan to stay running. Eventually, that quit working so I bought a new ignition module. After installing that, the blower fan would run, however I still have half floor and half defrost air flow, except that now I don't have power to any of my windows. If I reinstall the old module, I have windows but no fan.

My first thought was of the blender doors, being that the air blows out both the floor and the defrost vents. However, after switching to a new module, it seems something electrical??? Maybe it's both electrical and blender doors??? I've already removed and checked the blower fan and that is all good. I've checked the wires underneath the steering column for burn marks and got nothing. Is there anything a novice mechanic can try without the dreaded thousand dollar trip to the dealer?

Thanks
Sponsored links