Old 07-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 8 Speed 3.92
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Peral
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:95
Jayincali will become famous soon enough

Pretty good post above. But I cringe at reading wash with a terry towel and dry with a bath towel. Might as well have the car dealers wash it as thatís all they do. Use a waffle weave MF towel, I use one in each hand and never have to wring it out. The only reason you don't see the ton of marring and swirls you have in your paint is due to that Turtle wax black wax you are using. That is pretty much 90% filler with a black tint to cover it all up. I'm not knocking your practice, but just letting you know if you do an IPA wipe down (I use 30% IP alcohol 70% water) and wipe a panel you will be amazed how many swirls you have. I see your truck is brand new, so if you don't have many now, you will in a year from now and will need major paint correction.

To the OP, if you can't remove the water spots with a clay bar, try vinegar/water 50/50. That should remove the water spots if they are fairly new. (use on windows as well if you have spots) If they are pretty old, then you will need a compound and buffer to remove them as it has etched into your clear. After a wash, use some detail spray before drying. Your first mistake is a drive thru wash...