Old 07-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 98 ram v10 4x4
Trim Level: laramie slt 4x4
Color: silver and black
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:10
robert malek is on a distinguished road

thank you for taking the time, sofa fast for your reply and advice.
i already have the crossover and hi flow, hooker max flo muffler. my cal. v10 has only one cat. i understand there were probs with the dual setup and the air pump. my v10 has no air pump. i had the cat off, inspected it, cleaned it and do not believe it is a restriction, nor do I believe the 3 inch exhaust after the cat on out is a restriction. i do believe though, that the dual cats may be a prob since dave from ramv10.com had a prob with his...
sorry to hear about the jet stage 2 but then again, you may need ram air, not just cold air to maximize its potential. i dont know. at least you didn't spend much money for it as you would have with hemifever. I recommend you relocate your air temp sensor off the intake to your intake plumbing. simply extend the wires and plug the connector where you want. either to the intake one or the extra one on the intake tubing SINCE THE SCAN TOOL READS ABOUT 50 DEGREES HOTTER THAN IT REALLY IS BECAUSE OF THIS. now... while computer adaptives compensate for rich mixtures, the computer does not take the readings from the o2 sensors at part and full throttle so here you can really benefit from the relocated air temp sensor.
In regards to computer adaptives, the computer is not god. simply adjust the voltage of the sensors and the computer is an idiot. if you were to adjust the air temp sensor voltage without the o2 sensors at idle, the computer will compensate for sure for the rich mixture. adjust the voltage from the o2 sensors as well. not you got something. you got to do the job right to fool the computer or it wont work. so much for the newbie with the gm engined bogus hemi telling me about computer adaptives. he should go back to auto school. at least i graduated from new york automotive school long ago and have been working on cars since the ago of 13.
NOW FOR THE REST OF THE MORONS......

ANYWAY..... NONE OF THIS REALLY MATTERS ANYWAY. I MEAN, ALL YOU NEED IS A HEMIFEVER TUNE AND YOU'RE ALL SET. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE DONE OR HAVEN'T DONE TO YOUR ENGINE. JUST GIVE HEMIFEVER THE BASICS AND THATS ALL HE NEEDS. IT DOESN'T MATTER THE TEMP OF THE AIR OR ALTITUDE WHERE YOU ARE USING YOUR TRUCK, WHAT YOU ARE USING YOUR TRUCK FOR, WHAT YOU WANT OUT OF YOUR TRUCK OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. HEMIFEVER HAS THE ANSWER FOR EVERYONE. I RECOMMEND YOU GIVE HIM BETWEEN 300-500 DOLLARS AND HE'LL FIX YOU UP REALLLL GOOD. I MEAN, IF YOU PUT IN A STEP COLDER PLUGS AND ARE RUNNNING IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, ITS THE SAME AS STOCK PLUGS WITH A STOCK THERMO IN 120 DEGREES INDIO, CA. SAME TIMING ADVANCE. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU CHANGED EVERY SENSOR AND ALL ENGINE ACCESSORIES OR REBUILT THE ENGINE. ALL YOUR TRUCKS ARE OLD ACCORDING TO HEMIFEVER. ALSO, ALL YOU GUYS NEED TO DO TO FIGURE OUT IF YOU'RE RUNNING RICH OR LEAN IS TO JUST CHECK THE PLUGS. THIS IS A HIGHLY ACCURATE MANNER TO CHECK SUCH ISSUES THAT WERE IN USE ABOUT 50 YEARS AGO. ITS STILL USED BY THE BEST TUNERS IN THE WORLD TODAY. AEM WIDEBAND FUEL GAUGES MUST BE FOR MORONS RIGHT GUYS ?
THAT'S RIGHT. HEMIFEVER IS YOUR ANSWER. HE IS YOUR GOD. ACTUALLY, THERE IS A BETTER ANSWER. DITCH YOUR TRUCK FOR A 5.7 LITER ( GM ENGINE FOR 27 YEARS THATS A 350 FOR ALL YOU GUYS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO CONVERT LITERS TO CID. WOW. YOU DODGE GUYS LEARNED SOMETHING TODAY. ) HEMI WHICH ISN'T REALLY A HEMI IN THE FIRST PLACE. THAT'S RIGHT A GM ENGINED HEMI BADGED COMPLETE LIE THAT MOPAR FED YOU YOUNG GUYS WHO DONT REMEMBER THE 426 AND YOU WERE SMART ENOUGH TO EAT the mopar marketing LIE. I GUESS YOU GUYS ALSO LOVED THE 4 DOOR CHARGER TOO ( DUH DUH DUH ) AND ARE WAITING FOR THE BARRACUDA STATION WAGON WITH ANOTHER GM ENGINE, THE 455 they're going to call the MAX WEDGE... just like the old 413 mopar max wedge engine all you college graduates weren't even born yet to remember... ) but be dumb enough to buy.
SO IN CLOSING, THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY HERE SOFAFAST. AND EVERY OTHER DUMB ASS CAN GO TO HELL. THIS IS MY LAST POST SO ALL YOU GUYS GOT THE LAST PUNCH. GO AHEAD. MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELVES.
WAIT !!! BEFORE YOU DO.... I CAN TUNE YOUR CARBURETOR ENGINES REAL GOOD. I CAN DO IT BLINDFOLDED. IM THE COUSIN OF HEMIFEVER. YOU SEE, I TURN YOUR STUPID DISTRIBUTOR ONE HALF INCH AND THROW IN A STEP LARGER JETS IN THE CARB AND VOILA ! YOUR CAR IS FASTER !! NOW PAY ME 300-500 DOLLARS ! ALL YOU MORONS JUST GET IN LINE.

IM OUTTA HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!